Costuming used to play a much larger role in my artistic life than it does today.
International Costumers’ Guild and several of its chapters:
- Served in most Officer positions.
- Founded The ICG Newsletter and wrote articles for Costumers’ Quarterly, CostumApa and other publications.
- Served as a panelist at Costume-Con and other conferences and conventions, giving instruction in costume construction, hair dressing, pattern drafting, and hand sewing.
Costume-Con Visual Archive: A website designed to house and highlight historic data for Costume-Con’s annual events and competitions.
- Served as Archivist for the first ten years.
- Contributed as both a writer and editor for the site.
- Digital image editor for over 3,500 images, scanned from prints and captured from video, which represent competitions for the first 25 years of the event’s existence.
Competitions: At the Master level for Science Fiction and Fantasy events, won workmanship and presentation awards for costume entries at both regional and international levels. At Journeyman level for Historical events, won several workmanship awards.