Print/Digital Designer at Manhattan Strategy Group
Since early 2020, employed full-time to design documents (themes, styles, and graphics) for use in Microsoft (Word/PowerPoint/Excel), video editing/production, and podcast editing/production with Adobe (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, XD, and Acrobat), Canva, and Audacity. Work includes White papers, Federal proposal responses (RFP/RFQ), web design wireframes, UX interfaces for web-based tools, and multimedia presentations (webinars, podcasts, promotional clips), and in-house staff training.
Some of this work is highlighted below:
- The U.S. Department of Education’s Office of English Language Acquisition (OELA) has produced eighteen podcasts covering a variety of topics related to education for English Learners. These podcasts are published on the National Clearinghouse for English Language Acquisition (NCELA) website. The podcasts, which run approximately half an hour each with Intro & Outro music, are edited using Audacity. If the incoming clips are mono sound, they are converted to stereo tracks, assembled from multiple clips with timing and removal of extraneous sound, halted or stammering speech. To hear these podcasts, visit: https://ncela.ed.gov/teacher-resources.
- Also for OELA, revised a series of short video clips to provide voiceovers for Section 508 Compliance. The playlist (Information ELevated (Voiceover) and the original videos are located here: https://www.youtube.com/@theofficeofenglishlanguage4450/playlists
- The U.S. Department of Education’s Office of Educational Technology (OET) produced two publications (Home Access Playbook and Wireless Brief: Keeping Students Connected and Learning) that address the broadband gap in education. Designed the covers and interior layout, produced the searchable PDFs. To see these publications, visit: https://tech.ed.gov/broadband/
- For the National Charter School Resource Center (NCSRC), designed the What is a Charter School infographic, assisted with a recent update of front page layout (XD mockup specifying colors, fonts, and other enhancements) to improve Section 508 compliance in advance of a migration from Drupal 7/8 to Drupal 9. To see these items in action, visit: https://charterschoolcenter.ed.gov/.
- For the U.S. Department of Labor’s WorkforceGPS project, H-1B Scaling Apprenticeship through Sector-Based Strategies grant program community, designed the Scaling Apprenticeship logo, edited 13 hour-long webinars (including closed captions) and provided three additional highlight videos. Most of these products are only available to members of the WorkforceGPS website; however, an example of the Voice of Experience videos is available here: https://h1bsa.workforcegps.org/resources/2022/11/18/21/23/Voice-of-Experience-Ben-Provenzano