I’ve been a writer most of my life, working in poetry and prose, adapting and creating new material for stage and screen, producing short and long fiction, reviews and essays for my blogs and other web sites, newsletters and literary magazines.
From Op Ed commentary on subjects in the creative arts and politics, to business correspondence and client contract negotiation, my writing adapts easily to the medium and the message.
Here are a few Writing Samples that predate my blogs.
It’s been my responsibility, in virtually every job I’ve held, to proof, edit, and write copy for my employers or for businesses I owned and operated myself. Writing tasks include theatrical production press releases, promotional email messages, web page content and other marketing collateral.
I also produce and edit technical instruction manuals, contracts, proposals, ad copy, and more. I’ve written procedural documents for elementary school teachers, non-technical step by step illustrations with screen captures for operating box office ticket sales software, and production manuals for theatrical organizations.
Other writing projects include:
- Over 40 theatrical reviews for ShowBizRadio.net.
- The ICG Newsletter (founding Editor, 2002-2005)
- Providing language for the Standing Rules of the International Costumers’ Guild, Inc., constructed By-laws and Articles of Incorporation for OutOftheBlackBox Theatre Company, and my former web design company, WebInvent.com, Inc.
- Editing and distributing membership directories for the International Costumers’ Guild, Inc. and the alumni of the School Without Walls in Rochester, NY.
- Writing a substantial portion of the Costume-Con “ConStitution” and contributing content to the Costume-Con.org Online Archive web site.
- US Government Request for Proposal (RFP) document revisions and submissions for K.L. Ginter and Associates, Inc.
- Professional copy editing and proofreading marketing collateral for a variety of WebInvent.com clients and for The Puppet Co. Playhouse, the Greenbelt Arts Center, OutOftheBlackBox Theatre Company, Inc., and Arena Stage’s Information Systems Department.
My short story And Now The News (co-written with Anne G. DeMaio) appears in Carmen Miranda’s Ghost is Haunting Space Station III (Baen Books).
Sara’s Way, a full-length speculative fiction/science fantasy novel, is undergoing revision and submission for publishing.
A new short story, You Can’t Be Sirius, is also undergoing revision for submission.
Future projects include: Future Tense, Borrowed Time, and other novels in speculative fiction.
Life in a Minor Key (An Other Video Blog) started out as a 365 project with at least one YouTube Video link a day, selected at whim. In 2014, I adjusted the themes to include science, spirituality, history and entertainment. I continue to contribute to the blog occasionally while I work on other long-term projects.